How to load 35mm film
Below is a quick tutorial by Tania on how to load 35mm Film.
- Take the film out of its cylindrical container and open the backplate of your film camera
- Pull out the rewind knob, and then place the film cartridge into the film chamber with the film leader pointing upwards
- Push the rewind knob down into the film chamber and make sure it’s in all the way.
- Pull some film out and insert it into one of the slots in the take-up spool.
- Rotate the take-up spool to ensure the film has caught a grip onto it.
- Rotate the rewind knob slightly to ensure that the film has slight tension between spool and rewind knob.
- Close the back plate and make two blank exposures. The frame counter resting at ‘0’ means your next crank will be your first exposure